Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pre Fly by...

Today is the last day I will be at school to trouble shoot the technology to be sure all is well at Ni and Web 2.0 social networking. It started with me calling an ITRT at another location to see if my sound and video cam worked. Sound was fine at her end but I got nothing at my end. Well after quite a while of her hearing me and me having to read text, we figured out that there is a little button on the headset called MUTE! LOL..Keep it simple!
The technology system operator at Ni is super and always willing to try new things. Today we kept calling each other using the video cam, unplugging the video cam, plugging in headsets, unplugging headsets and playing with all the settings. So at 1:45... I think we are ready for the next step of video cam JAM. Tonight my sysop( technology system operator) will be trying to video conference outside the school server and tomorrow we will try to video conference with one of outside the server and one inside the server...whew!
My face book and Twitter is set up and the only thing left to do is to set up a group in our LMS for a discussion group. Heck I feel like I'm setting up my own little mini mission here! :)